- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground chicken)
- 3/4 whole panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic (minced or grated)
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo (from a can, minced)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt (and pepper)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns (brioche, toasted)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 avocados
- smoked gouda
- heirloom tomato
- 1 jalapeno (seeded + minced)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (+ pepper)
- 1/2 cup milk (any % you prefer)
- 1 1/4 cups sweet yellow corn (about 2 ears)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 6 ounces cotija cheese (crumbled)
- canola oil (for frying)
|Calories910Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mary S. 3 Sep 2018
These burgers were absolutely the BEST! I used ground pork, chorizo and bacon instead of ground chicken. Everyone raves over them.
Thomas Hagen 22 Aug 2017
My husband couldn't believe this was a turkey burger, it was very moist. The flavor was great! We just made the mayo with some of the adobo sauce not the full recipe. My husband can't do corn so we left those off and it was still an awesome burger!!
Angela L. 22 May 2017
The fritters were so good!! The flavor of the burger was delicious. Next time I'll use beef though as I found I'm not a big chicken burger person.
Tanis Williams 7 Apr 2016
This is one of our go to burger recipes! Delicious, smoky taste! Have't tried the fritters, yet! I did not modify it. There is no messing with perfection!