- 1 Knorr® Beef flavored Bouillon Cube
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup bread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped, divided)
- 1 chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white onion (finely chopped)
- 5 3/4 ounces chopped green chilies (drained)
- 28 ounces whole peeled tomatoes (in puree, undrained)
- 1 teaspoon dri oregano leaves, crush
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon (cubes , dissolved in 2 tbsp very hot water)
- Dissolve 1 Knorr® Beef flavor Bouillon Cube in 2 tablespoons very hot water; set aside. Combine bread with milk; let stand.
- Combine ground beef, egg, 1 clove chopped garlic, chipotle pepper, dissolved Bouillon and bread in medium bowl. Shape into 1-1/2-inch meatballs; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion until tender, about 4 minutes. Add remaining garlic and green chilies and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, remaining Bouillon Cube, remaining water, oregano and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Process tomato mixture in blender or food processor, in batches, until smooth. Return to saucepot, then gently stir in meatballs. Simmer over low heat 25 minutes or until meatballs are done. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley and serve with hot cooked rice.
|Calories450Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.