- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (firmly packed, soft or packed in oil; pat excess oil off)
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped, white and green parts)
- 2 pitted dates (medium fresh)
- 1 clove garlic (1 teaspoon minced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (to serve)
- 30 ounces chickpeas (cooked, 3 cups, 540 g, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (finely chopped, plus more to serve)
- Pour the broth, sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, pitted dates, garlic, salt, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes into the jar of your KitchenAid® Power Plus® Blender. Secure the lid, and set the blender to the Adapti-Blendâ Soup program. Blend until the machine turns itself off. Alternatively, blend for about 5 minutes, starting on speed 1 and gradually increasing to speed 10.
- Add the fresh tomatoes, and lemon juice, secure the lid, and process on variable speed 3 for 3 to 5 seconds until the tomatoes are just broken up.
- Add the chickpeas and parsley, and allow the soup to sit with the lid on for about 1 minute in order to warm up the beans.
- The soup will come out of the blender hot.
- Ladle into bowls, and enjoy immediately, topped with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.