Tired of the typical Cheese Pizza? You might want to break away from the same old routine with this Smoked Tuna Pizza recipe. The added fish ingredients gives this traditional recipe more nutrients needed for your body. Mix things up with this Smoked Tuna Pizza now. Let us know how it goes cooking this Smoked Tuna Pizza recipe in the comments below. You can also give this Smoked Tuna Pizza recipe a star rating!
- 2 pita bread
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese, shredded)
- 1 can tuna (smoked)
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 onions (medium sized piece)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green chile (such as jalapeno or serrano)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (minced)
- 2 slices bacon (diced)
- avocado (sliced)
- Grill the tomato, onion, chile, and garlic until golden brown all over in spots. Puree in the blender with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon, remove from the pan, and drain the excess grease.
- Saute the tuna in the same pan for 1-2 minutes and then add the tomato puree. Let come to a boil, remove from heat, and stir in the cilantro and the bacon.
- Heat the pita bread and spread with the refried beans. Tope with the tuna mixture and with the shredded cheese.
- Place the pita bread under the broiler or on the skillet, covered, until the bread is melted and the bread is toasted on the bottom.
- Slice and serve topped with avocado slices.
PER SERVING *
|Calories510Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.