This would work well with leftover grilled tenderloin or roast. Serve along with mini cornmeal muffins and a tall glass of tea.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (grated)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 1 bunch butter lettuce (torn)
- 1 bunch watercress (coarsely chopped)
- 2 oranges (peeled and sliced)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (shelled and chopped, optional)
- Rub surface of tenderloin well with liquid smoke. Roast at 450 degrees F. for 20 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, orange zest, honey, mustard and pepper; set aside.
- Arranged lettuce, watercress and orange slices on individual plates. Slice tenderloin thinly and arrange over greens. Drizzle each salad with 1-2 tablespoons dressing. Garnish with chopped pistachios, if desired.