- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package button mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 package smoked sausage (Hillshire Farm®, diagonally cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices (cut into halves)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package whole wheat penne pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven broiler.
- Heat a large oven-safe 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add oil, mushrooms and smoked sausage, cook about 5 minutes until mushrooms are soft and smoked sausage is browned.
- Add pepperoni, Italian seasoning and salt and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta and marinara sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and place under the broiler just until cheese is melted and starting to bubble. Sprinkle with extra Italian seasoning to serve.