Smoked Sausage Deviled Egg FillingAs receitas lá de casa
Smoked sausage makes a natural filling for hard boiled eggs. The sausage used in this recipe is a specialty of Portugal, called farinheira, which is a smoked sausage made primarily from wheat flour that's bound with pork fat and seasonings and looped into a horseshoe shape. If you can't find it, you can use most any other type of sausage so long as it is cooked; dried chorizo or linguica would be equally authentic.
- 6 eggs
- 1 flour (Portuguese Farinheira, and pork smoked sausage, or similar)
- 1Cook eggs and sausage in plenty of boiling water.
- 2Drain and let cool slightly.
- 3Peel eggs and cut in half.
- 4Remove yolk.
- 5Open sausage and remove sausage.
- 6With hands, mix yolks with sausage until mixture is smooth.