Smoked Sausage CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Incorporating smoked sausage into bread is a Portuguese tradition, and one that you are highly recommended to embrace, since the bread will be permeated with the smoky taste and just right for eating on its own, slathered with butter, or as part of breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner (or anytime in between). If you can't find the wheat sausage that is used here, you can pick up another type of cured pork sausage, such as dried chorizo.
- 2 cups pork sausages (smoked cured)
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 eggs
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Chop sausage in 1, 2, and 3 inch pieces.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, add oil, milk and eggs and mix well until smooth.
- 4Add flour.
- 5Stir in sausages and mix again, so that sausage pieces are distributed evenly though batter.
- 6Bake in a greased cake pan for about 30 minutes.
- 7Tip: Substitute bacon for sausage, if desired.