- 1 uncle ben (pouch, ’S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown)
- 13 1/2 ounces smoked sausage (JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked, Rope, sliced)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (medium, diced)
- 1 rib celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan. Add onion, pepper, celery and Cajun seasoning and sauté until onions are soft and brown.
- While vegetables cook, heat UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown in microwave according to package instructions.
- Add in garlic and sausage with vegetables and cook until sausage has browned.
- Add rice, half the green onions, and hot pepper sauce.
- Mix well and serve, garnishing with remaining green onion.
|Calories1090Calories from Fat880|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat880|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Simms 1 Feb
I use hot links, but sauté them first then cooked the vegetables with it. At the end I mixed everything with the brown cooked rice. Also I only added half TBS of hot sauce.
Rick Ceyba 15 Feb 2018
I double the recipe also I like to add a can of Rotel instead of the hot sauce there's a little more of a tomato kick
David J. 6 Jul 2015
Far too spicy, and leaves the pan unclean. The sausage should probably be added in before the vegetables and not after, as cooking them too long leads to burning. If steps 1 and 3 are switched, less burning occurs, but the recipe is still very spicy. I now think the best way to make it is to brown the sausage first, add the garlic at the same time as the vegetables, and only use 1 1/2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce.