If brunch is on your agenda this weekend, here's a wonderful way to serve smoked salmon, rather than as a topping for bagels and cream cheese (not that there's anything wrong with that!). Instead, the smoked fish is served with a quick spinach saute that's got a kick of heat from dried chili and Asian flavors from soy sauce, basil, and bell pepper. Lemon wedges are a must for spritzing over the salmon and the saute.
- 250 grams fresh spinach leaves
- 1 dried chili
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- olive oil (to taste)
- ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper (roasted and peeled)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 1 lemon (small, wedges)
- Saute the spinach with the chili, basil, and parsley in a wok or frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the strips of red pepper, and the soy sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with smoked salmon and lemon wedges.