- 1 1/4 pounds red bliss potatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 tablespoon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1 pound smoked salmon (sliced)
- 1 pound cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 5 cups arugula
- crusty bread (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 20 mins, or until tender. Drain. When cool enough to handle, peel, thinly slice and place in a large bowl. Combine lemon juice and dill, pour over warm potatoes and toss to combine. Season.
- Line a 4 x 8 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing a 4 inch overhang on long sides. Line base and sides of the pan with one-third of smoked salmon, allowing salmon to overhang.
- Place cream cheese, cream and lemon zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Stir in capers.
- Layer half the potatoes, overlapping sightly, over salmon base. Spread over half the cream cheese mixture. Top with a layer of smoked salmon, all the arugula, another layer of smoked salmon, the remaining cream cheese mixture and the remaining potatoes. Finish with a layer of smoked salmon. Fold overhanging edges of salmon over terrine and cover with overhanging cling film, pressing down gently. Refrigerate overnight.
- To make dill gremolata, combine all ingredients in a small airtight container and shake gently.
- To serve, invert terrine on to a platter. Remove plastic wrap and slice. Top with gremolata and serve with crusty bread.
|Calories300Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.