- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dill (finely chopped)
- 7 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons baby capers
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (finely)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a foil-lined 13 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Simmer 3 mins.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in egg yolks, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and 2 tsp of the dill.
- Beat egg whites in a small, clean bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Pour in prepared pan.
- Bake 10-12 mins, until golden, and roulade springs back when lightly touched. Place a soft tea towel on a work surface lined with parchment paper. Turn roulade out. Remove foil. Roll up, from long side, with tea towel. Cool 5 mins.
- Unroll. Top with salmon and sprinkle with 1 tbsp of the remaining dill. Roll up, without tea towel.
- Mix crème fraîche, capers, lemon peel and remaining 1 tsp dill. Season to taste. Slice roulade and sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese. Serve with sauce.
|Calories240Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.