Smoked salmon is a sweet and nutrient rich meat that is perfect for an intimate dinner or served as an appetizer for a dinner with friends. This recipe for Smoked Salmon Rolls with Prawns is packed with decadent cream cheese, sweet salmon and crispy cucumber. These rolls are best served cut diagonally with lemon zest and dill. You can serve them with fresh bread, salad or on their own. Enjoy!
- 275 grams PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 6 gelatin sheets (1.7 gr. each)
- 30 milliliters lemon juice
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 4 cooked shrimp
- 5 tablespoons dill (finely chopped)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cucumber (diced, optional)
- Mix the cheese with mayonnaise and lemon zest in a bowl to obtain a smooth mixture.
- Dissolve the gelatin in 60 ml of cold water, then add the lemon juice.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the cheese mixture, stir until smooth.
- Cut the shrimp into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Spread the cream on the slices of salmon -- a relatively thick layer otherwise the roll will be too thin -- and top with cucumber (if using, it does add a nice crunch), shrimp, and a sprinkle of dill.
- Use your fingers to gently press the shrimp and cucumber into the cheese. Season slightly with pepper.
- Roll up the salmon on stretched plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the rolls are firm.
- Cut the rolls diagonally into several pieces.
- Garnish with lemon zest and dill.
- Serve at room temperature with fresh bread or on a bed of salad.