A great choice for hosting a brunch party, this smoked salmon pie is perfect to enjoy with a bloody mary. Swiss cheese and a buttery crust pair perfectly with the smoked salmon and eggs for a savory pie that is filling and bursting with bold flavors. Pair this pie with a fresh green salad and you've got a delicious and healthy lunch.
- 200 grams smoked salmon (diced, if possible, a Block of smoked salmon, otherwise slices)
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 eggs
- cream (25 cl. liquid)
- milk (10 cl.)
- swiss cheese (grated)
- ground black pepper
- curry powder
- bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the dough, spread in a pie pan, and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs lightly with the cream, milk, salt, pepper, and a pinch of curry powder.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, sprinkle lightly with breadcrumbs, and add smoked salmon.
- Pour in the egg and cream mixture. Scatter the cheese on top, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve this tart with a salad. This pie can also be prepared by mixing fresh salmon with smoked salmon.