- 350 grams cheese (Three, rainbow tortellini)
- 150 grams smoked salmon (nuggets, broken into smaller chunks)
- 1 zucchini (Small, chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 5 white mushrooms (Large, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil (about 2-3 Tbsp)
- 3 tablespoons oil (from sun dried tomatoes, divided)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk (I used skim)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and 1 Tbsp of the sun dried tomato oil together. Once fully melted and bubbling, add flour and stir into a paste. Let mixture bubble, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add tortellini, cook according to package instructions. (Usually for 8-10 min.)
- 3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 Tbsp of sun dried tomato oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, zucchini, and peppers. Saute for 2 min. Add mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. Saute for another 5 min.
- 4. Add parmesan, mozzarella, cheddar, and cottage cheeses to white sauce, stir until melted and smooth.
- 5. Add smoked salmon to vegetables. Cook only until heated throughout.
- 6. Dish out tortellini, pour cheese sauce, smoked salmon, and vegetables on top.