- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (white, cubed)
- 1/4 cup shallots (minced)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons dill (maybe a little less of you aren’t so crazy about dill)
- 18 tablespoons 2% milk (1 cup+ 2 tbsp)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups egg beaters
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 13×9-inch glass baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-low to medium heat. Add diced potatoes and stir until the potatoes are coated with the oil. Spread out so potatoes are in a single layer. Season with freshly ground black pepper and half of the salt. Cover and cook until the potatoes are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and turning brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Add shallots and cook until shallots are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the potatoes into a large bowl and stir in chopped smoked salmon and 1 tablespoon fresh dill. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Take out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before adding the egg beater mixture and baking.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg beaters, milk, and rest of salt. Pour the egg mixture over the salmon and potatoes. Sprinkle remaining dill over top. Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let casserole stand for 5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories170Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.