- 1/2 cup milk (warm)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg (separated)
- 9 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped)
- 7 ounces smoked salmon (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons chives (fresh chopped)
- eggs (Stuffed)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (peeled, halved)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 anchovies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh herbs (mixed, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Whisk together milk, butter, yeast and sugar. Sift flour into a large bowl then whisk in milk mixture and egg yolk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 45 mins, or until batter has doubled in size.
- Whip egg white to soft peaks then fold into batter.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with oil. Working in batches, spoon heaped teaspoonfuls of batter into pan and cook for 1 min, until bubbles form on surface. Flip over and cook another 30 seconds, or until golden. Let cool.
- For the topping, combine cream cheese, lime juice and dill. Spread over blinis. Top with salmon and chives.
- For the stuffed eggs, combine egg yolks with mayonnaise and mustard powder. Add anchovies, herbs and lemon zest. Pipe into egg whites and top with a little paprika and trout roe.
|Calories80Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.