Most smoked chops are fully cooked and only need heating through. Serve with rice or couscous, and green peas, if desired.
- 4 smoked pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (seeded and minced)
- 1/2 cup apricot jam (OR preserves)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; brown chops on both sides (2-3 minutes per side), remove from pan and set aside, keep warm. Sauté onion, garlic and jalapeno in oil until tender, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in jam and vinegar, heat through; add chops back to pan, turn chops to coat both sides with sauce, and simmer gently to heat through, about 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.