Focaccia bread is a flavorful, quick flat oven-baked Italian style bread that is similar to deep dish pizza dough. This Smoked Ham, Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese Focaccia provides a tasty aromatic and hearty bread that will fill the home with wonderful smells for hours. Add in some black olives to taste and oregano and this meal will beg to be a favorite.
- 250 milliliters warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 450 grams flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- black olives (to taste, pitted)
- 1 fresh goat cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- ham (as needed)
- oregano (to sprinkle)
- Place the olive oil and water in the bread machine; then add the sugar, salt, flour, and yeast. Choose the kneading program, set for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- After the allotted time, remove from bread machine, cover the dough with a cloth, and let rise for 1 hour, away from drafts.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper, and spread the dough in the pan with your fingertips, giving it a rectangular shape.
- Brush the surface with a little olive oil, and distribute the sliced goat cheese, halved tomatoes, sliced smoked ham, oregano, olives, and pennyroyal sprigs.
- Press ingredients into the dough.
- Heat the oven to 50 degrees Celsius, and turn it off when hot.
- Put the dough in the oven, and let it rise for another half hour.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and put it in a warm place. Turn the oven on again to 180 C.
- Put the tray in the hot oven, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the surface is golden.
- Serve the focaccia warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories850Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.