Offering a simple, one-pan breakfast, this recipe features ham browned in butter. Eggs are cracked on top and cooked until the whites have set. Serve it hot out of the pan with a side of hashbrowns or o'brien potatoes. Garnish it with fresh herbs, such as snipped chives, for a shock of color and added flavor, and feel free to customize the recipe with additions of your choice, including crumbled, cooked bacon, onions, tomatoes or cheese.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices speck (or smoked ham)
- 2 eggs
- ground black pepper
- In a nonstick pan, melt the butter, add the ham and cook briefly until brown.
- Break the eggs onto the ham.
- Allow to cook until the egg white is set.
- Season to taste.
- Serve hot with diced potatoes sprinkled with herbs.