- 6 boneless smoked pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 10 ounces pearl onions (OR white pearl onions, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 12 medium carrot (halved lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 3 celery root (large, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 4 tablespoons oil (porcini mushroom, OR olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar (OR white wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage (minced, divided)
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile (minced)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- In a large saucepan, cover the onions, carrots and celery root with water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes; drain. Transfer vegetables to a 5-quart casserole.
- Combine oil, vinegar and 1 tablespoon sage; pour over the vegetables, tossing to coat. Combine bread crumbs, horseradish, the remaining sage and chipotle chile, set aside. Spread mustard over top of pork chops. Press bread crumb mixture evenly over mustard. Place chops on top of vegetables; bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.