The slaw can be made up to three hours ahead for this spicy dish. The slaw is a great partner for spicy pork. Serve with fresh seasonal fruit and plenty of iced tea.
- 2 pork tenderloin (about 2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (hickory-flavored)
- 2 chilies (chiopotle, packed in adobo sauce, minced)
- 2 tablespoons flavored oil (garlic-)
- 4 cups slaw mix
- 1 sweet onion (large, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- For Slaw, combine coleslaw mix, onion and bell peppers in large bowl. Combine dressing, cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl; toss dressing mixture with coleslaw mixture just until all ingredients are well coated. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- For pork, prepare grill with medium-hot fire. Combine barbecue sauce with chipotle chiles. Brush tenderloin with garlic-flavored oil. Grill 8-10 minutes per side, or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 145 degrees F. Brush tenderloin generously with barbecue sauce mixture and grill a couple more minutes, about one minute per side. Let tenderloin stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, place slaw in center of platter. Surround with sliced tenderloin. Remaining sauce can be served at the table.