Cookies create conversation. They are sweet treats that bring people together. This recipe for Small Sandy Belgians is rich, buttery, and perfect for dinner parties, coffee with friends, office parties, special occasions, or just to satisfy your sweet tooth. These sweet treats take 50 minutes to prepare and only have 45 calories per serving. If you are serving these to friends or family, make sure to maek a couple batches.
- 250 grams flour
- 100 grams sugar (fine)
- 125 grams butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 50 grams marzipan
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- In another bowl, pour half of the egg, add the sugar, and whisk until the mixture whitens.
- Add the vanilla extract and butter cut into small pieces. Mix.
- Add flour, and gently knead the dough with your fingertips, on a floured surface to obtain a homogeneous sandy dough.
- Form 2 circles with a diameter of 3 to 4 cm.
- Brush the edges with egg yolk, and roll in the granulated sugar.
- Cover with a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and cut out biscuits 1 centimeter thick.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the marzipan with the egg white to make it lighter, and put it in a pastry bag.
- Pipe a touch of marzipan in the middle of each shortbread (to get its Dandoy characteristic).
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories45Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.