Holidays are wonderful when you cook because you can decorate and embellish meals and desserts to fit the theme. This recipe for Small Reindeer Cheese Appetizer for Holidays is a pretty and palate pleasing way to show your creative side at the next holiday dinner or potluck. The appetizer is easy to make and is packed with hearty and savory flavors. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this treat as much as we do.
- 350 grams flour
- 100 grams grating cheese
- 175 grams butter (soft)
- 1 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 yolk (for brushing)
- 50 grams sesame seeds
- With your fingertips, knead the flour, cheese, butter, and the beaten egg.
- Add salt and knead quickly to get a smooth dough. Wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 350F for a convection oven.
- Roll out the dough to a 5 to 6 millimeters thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the reindeer.
- Brush egg yolk on top of each cookie where you want the seeds to stick.
- Place the sesame seeds on a plate and dip each brushed reindeer on the seeds.
- Place the cookie dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.