Slightly sweet brioche is baked in individual portions for the perfect sized-treat. The delicate dough is stuffed with chocolate caramel. The sweet fillings are the perfect contrast to the airy dough. These are great for a simple dessert and you can enjoy them at brunch for a nice little sweet treat.
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 100 milliliters whipping cream
- 5 caramels (soft, candy)
- 10 milliliters whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 350 grams flour
- 120 grams butter (cut into pieces)
- 50 grams sugar
- 10 grams fresh yeast
- 1 egg yolks
- For the chocolate-caramel filling: chop chocolate coarsely and place it in a bowl.
- Gently heat the liquid cream with caramel candies. When melted, pour the mixture over the chocolate and gently stir it together with a spatula (don't use a whisk so as not to incorporate any air). Let cool.
- If you have a bread machine, place the lightly whipped eggs, liquid cream, and butter inside. Add sugar, salt, flour, and crumble the yeast on top. Set a without a cooking programme.
- For handmade dough, lightly warm the cream and crumble the yeast in it.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and a pinch of salt on a floured surface.
- Make a well and pour in the whisked eggs, cream, and butter.
- Gradually stir in the flour with your fingertips. Once a ball is formed, knead it for about 15 minutes.
- If after 15 minutes, the dough still sticks to the finger, add a little flour.
- Wrap the dough in a towel, store away from drafts, and let rise for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls and place them on a baking plate previously lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise again for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brush the top of the buns with egg yolk diluted in a little water and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut off the top of the buns and remove some of the bread inside forming wells in each one.
- Fill the wells with the chocolate-caramel and cover with the top hat.
PER SERVING *
|Calories890Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.