- 4 tablespoons i can't believe it's not butter! made with olive oil spread
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onions (frozen)
- 3 1/2 pounds lb. roasting chicken
- 1 cup dry red wine (or beef broth)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- Melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® made with Olive Oil Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown mushrooms, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Spoon mushroom mixture into slow cooker; add onions.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt, black pepper and thyme. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Mediterranean Blend in same skillet and brown chicken. Remove chicken from skillet; add to slow cooker.
- Stir flour into pan drippings in skillet with wire whisk. Stir in wine, broth, tomato paste and bay leaf. Pour over chicken. Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken. Arrange chicken on serving platter, then top with sauce. Serve, if desired, with crusty Italian Bread.
|Calories190Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stephanie G. 9 Sep 2018
This is such an easy recipe. I use real, grass-fed butter instead of margarine.
Anna 27 Sep 2017
The sauce was very good. I was not happy with the chicken. It seemed dry and over cooked. I'm not sure how to fix that issue though. The crock pot may just cook too hot. Also, I'd add a few carrots for color. We had a fresh baked Farm bread from a local bakery.
Jessie E. 3 Oct 2016
This is fantastic! Sooooo good! Careful making the gravy: remember that the flour needs to be added gradually to the pan so there aren't clumps. Excellent with French bread!