- 2 cups brown lentils (picked over and rinsed if needed, lentils that come in a package often don’t need to be rinsed)
- 1 onion (large, chopped small)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more)
- 3 cups vegetable stock (or broth, Canned vegetable broth is fine here. Use 2 cans and just freeze the extra for another recipe.)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano (Greek)
- 1 teaspoon greek seasoning (or more, You can make your own Greek Seasoning if you don’t have any, or just use the spices in that mix that you do have. I like Greektown Billygoat Seasoning from The Spice House.)
- 14 1/2 ounces crushed tomatoes (or petite-diced, drained well)
- 1 green bell pepper (large, seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (large, seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (more or less to taste)
- sliced green onions (thinly, for garnish, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories230Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mrs Readerly 13 Jun
Easy and delicious!!!
Lorah Gerald 30 Jan
This is delicious and easy to make. I added Greek olives.
Lori R. 17 Jan
Had an odd consistency, like chili
Sarah F. 16 Jan
Did it all in the fry pan in 40ish minutes (with canned lentils) - worked great! :P
Amber 24 Nov 2017
Great! So yummy! I added an extra cup of stock (4 cups total), shortened the cooking (for lentils) to two hours (maybe my slow cooker cooks hotter?), and used 14oz of fresh tomatoes (seeds and all). Will definitely be adding this to my favourite meals!
Hanan 13 Nov 2017
Delicious! Didn’t drain the tomatoes to get a creamier taste..
Tamara D. 12 Nov 2017
Great recipe, made as directed.
Erica Brown 18 Oct 2017
Delicious! I replaced feta with sheeps milk cheese instead, which was actually really much tastier. It’s Definitely good as a dinner or as a side and bread is a nice touch to add as well.
Steve Peters 23 Jun 2017
This was easy and delicious!
BrittanyFinan 18 Feb 2017
definitely a perfect and fulfilling vegetarian dish! great flavor and a meal you can feel good about endulging in!
Katerina Karalis 23 Oct 2016
Very tasty and filling. I added finely chopped fresh mint at the end with the peppers. It added a nice flavour to the stew. Will definitely make again.