- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 celery (ribs, chopped)
- 1 pound dried lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 5 cans vegetable broth (14.5 oz. each)
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (coarse)
PER SERVING *
|Calories180Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Karen L. 19 days ago
I made this recipe over the weekend and it's already one of my favorites! I made a couple of substitutes based on what I had in my pantry. I subbed chicken broth and terrigon instead of vegetable broth and coriander. Came out great. The flavor got even better over time in the fridge. Froze some so we'll see how that goes and will certainly make this again over the winter months!
Rebecca C. 19 Jul
Loved it! So filling and flavoursome!
Carolyn S. 4 Jun
Fantastic! But I did it on the stove and used less lentils. I added some leftover spaghetti sauce and a little tomato paste. I didn’t have vegetable broth, so I used Knorr bouillon chicken powder.
Bill Grey 27 May 2017
Absolutely scrumptious!! We didn't have enough veggie broth (only 16 oz), so I supplemented with a leftover packet of ramen seasoning (smile) in a pint of water and a quart of portobello mushroom broth. So good!! Great to go away for a few hours and come back to a hot satisfying meal.