- 2 pounds ground beef (optional)
- 1/2 onions (medium, diced)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (or fresh, or 2, 15-ounce cans mixed vegetables, drained)
- 2 cups frozen lima beans (or fresh, or 1, 15-ounce can Lima beans, drained)
- 2 cups frozen corn (or fresh, off the cob or 1, 15-ounce can niblet corn, drained)
- 2 cups carrots (sliced or 1, 15-ounce can carrots, drained)
- 4 pounds whole peeled tomatoes (peeled and diced whole, or 4, 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes)
- 1 can okra (and tomatoes, 15 ounces)
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
|Calories220Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ponae Stubbs 15 days ago
My family didn’t like it
Jones 22 days ago
Soo good! I would use less corn and carrots. The mix already had some so it ended up being too much. Very flavorful! I used canned tomatoes with garlic basil and onion added. Needed more tomatoes also.
Prad N. 6 Dec 2018
changes the proportions of veggies a bit, less onions more carrot and okra. used garbanzo beans instead of lima. InstaPot on slow cooker setting makes this easy peasy.
Dana 18 Nov 2018
sooo good. even my picky 11 year likes
Lori Markowitz 16 Oct 2018
switched a few things due to what i thought i had in the pantry...but I'd say a win! we freeze all soups for meals. we named it "Veggie Meat cheat soup", due to the amount of meat we used .
Kara A. 22 Apr 2018
This was very good! Made a couple weeks ago & making again this week. We used ground turkey last time, no okra. We had to add more water. This time using ground chicken & fresh okra
Cierra Tranum 16 Apr 2018
I cooked this on the stove. It’s delicious! My boyfriend ditched the broth and put the meat and veggies on tortilla chips with sour cream. Good both ways! Took about an hour to cook on the stove.
Williams 10 Apr 2018
Delicious and easy to make. Might put some jalapeños in to give it a little kick!
Gary 23 Mar 2018
Made it last month and my wife loved it. Making again this weekend I've added celery and some tomato juice .
Elsing 2 Feb 2018
I made it heart healthy by omitting the meat and salt, and using fresh vegetables I roasted to give an added level of flavor. Was very good.
Joy Brindle 12 Nov 2017
I used beef broth and added a couple teaspoons garlic, a couple tablespoons Worcestershire sauce and a few bay leaves. It came out so savory and tasty! My husband loves it so much he told me I could make it anytime. :)