- 15 ounces chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 1 orange bell pepper (small, chopped fine, about ½ cup)
- 1 sweet onion (medium, chopped fine, about 2 cups)
- 2 yukon gold potatoes (medium, diced into small pieces, about 2 cups)
- 2 cups crinkle cut carrots (or peeled and chopped into ½ inch rounds)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (ground)
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 15 ounces light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 stalk lemongrass (inner core, chopped, about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup golden raisins
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Foolox F. 21 Jun
Really nice. Needed way more lemon grass and maybe a bit of chilli, doubled all spices. And I used broccoli and beans instead of carrot and peas. Definitely worth making.
Katrina J. 14 Feb
Great recipe! We needed a bit more salt and I also added a teaspoon of red pepper flakes! Super perfect
Ewa 9 Oct 2017
With Brown rice it is perfect, healthy dish.
mazen nouri 11 Jun 2017
Great meal if done right
Hello 13 May 2017
Good recipe. Easy to following w. Great recommendation perfect for special occasion or just for a lovely Sunday meal. Lots to share with family and friends. Lovely colors and smells. One to try again and again.
Alison G. 5 May 2017
Spices didn't work together. Curry ended up burnt and vegetables so soft it almost baby food. I won't try this again.
Diane S. 2 Apr 2017
So boring and disappointing. Followed the recipe exactly, but the spices just didn't work. Edible, but will not try again.
Meaghan S. 29 Mar 2017
I followed exactly and did high heat for 5hrs. Had to add a tablespoon or two of Fish Sauce near the end for taste, but overall was extremely pleased with the dish.
Katie B. 29 Mar 2017
I don't know, it's burned because I left it in the slow cooker for the eight hours it said in the dir croons and its completely burned.
Rupert H. 26 Mar 2017
such a simple dish bursting with flavour ! however,I did at first saute the onion and spices....just lightly so as not to colour too much, ( I've always been told spices should be roasted first to release their true flavour.)
Serenity B. 26 Mar 2017
Pretty darn good', packed with flavor and veggies , I did substitute some of the veg but the spice mix was amazing!
jude e. 26 Mar 2017
So good. I didn't have a bell pepper or lemon grass but I threw in broccoli. I used a pot, no slow cooker. Browned the onions and garlic then threw everything else in and brought to a boil then simmered covered for 2 hours and the flavors are fantastic. A great base to embellish and make it your own. Thanks for the inspiration.
Ali 10 Jan 2017
So good! The flavor is on point- great recipe to pack in your veggies! I counldn't find lemongrass in season so I omitted. Served over white basmati rice