Pork loin slow cooked in an aromatic blend of sweet and savory spices, wrapped in light and crisp butter lettuce leaves and topped with caramelized pineapple. This easy, no-fuss meal is light on calories, yet full on flavor.
- 2 pounds pork loin
- 2 tablespoons roasted red chili paste (Thai)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 2 cups pineapple (sliced)
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots (each of, sliced cucumber)
- 3 tablespoons green onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- Combine ingredients for pork marinade and mix to combine. Place pork loin in slow cooker and coat with marinade, covering all surfaces if possible. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- After pork has cooked, transfer to a cutting board and use two forks to finely shred. Transfer to a large bowl and pour in remaining juices from slow cooker except 1/4 cup (this will be used to roast pineapple).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pineapple in a baking pan and sprinkle with 1 tbsp coconut sugar. Pour in remaining 1/4 cup of juice from the slow cooker and roast pineapple for 8-10 minutes. Keep a close eye to prevent burning. Transfer pineapple to a bowl and pour any remaining pan juices into shredded pork (can't let any of the juice go to waste!).
- To assemble wraps, divide the pork among the lettuce cups and top with caramelized pineapple and optional toppings. Add a spritz of lime juice and serve!
|Calories280Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.