- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast (beef roast boneless, cubed and trimmed of fat, prepackaged beef stew meat may be substituted)
- 1 yellow onion (large, chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste (fresh)
- 1 cup bamboo shoots
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (Use Almond Breeze or Coconutmilk Vanilla)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes (drained, 1 can)
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 4 ounces Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups carrots (julienned)
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- brown rice, for serving (optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Joanna VonSeggern 2 Sep
Yes! We’re a family of two right now and even by the 4th day this was still delicious! Added zucchini noodles instead of rice the last day and it was very delicious!
Lee-Ann Gleeson 4 Apr 2017
Awesome flavours in this recipe followed it exactly except adding some chopped up capsicum as I had alot on hand. Will definetaly make again, it also made a very big serving.
Elaine B. 15 Apr 2016
Fantastic - this is a great meal for cooler weather. It's on the roster for meal plans. Many have asked where I found this recipe, and provided Yummly website. Thanks - keep this recipes coming.
Julie B. 10 Nov 2015
This recipe was fabulous. I tried it for my in-laws and I was a little worried because they had never eaten any type of curry before. They loved it! I did substitute venison for the beef and it worked very well.