- 4 pounds pork shoulder (bone in)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 shallots (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (minced)
- 20 ounces ketchup (container)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 bottle beer (we used Fat Tire amber ale)
- hawaiian sweet rolls (King's)
- Frank's® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce (optional)
- 2 cups red cabbage (julienned)
- 1 cup carrots (julienned)
- 2 cups jicama (julienned)
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the pork shoulder then place in crock pot.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic, shallots, and jalapeno and sauté until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in ketchup, vinegar, maple syrup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the beer, and then pour the entire mixture over the pork shoulder in the crockpot.
- Turn on high and cook for 6.5 hours, or until the meat is falling off the bone.
- Place the cabbage, carrot, and jicama in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir walnut oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, lime juice, and sour cream.
- Pour the walnut oil mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- To assemble, cut King's Hawaiian sweet rolls in half, and stack with pulled pork, hot sauce, and jicama slaw.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1020Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.