- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless chicken thighs (boneless, trimmed of fat)
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts (boneless, trimmed of fat)
- whole wheat rolls
- 1 pound coleslaw mix (tricolor, red and green cabbage and carrots)
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- kosher salt
- black pepper
|Calories260Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tina 14 Feb 2018
Had high hopes, but lacked the tangy flavor we’d hoped for
Kristen R 28 Jan 2018
I added way more spice than suggested and this was not spicy to me at all, even with additional crushed peppers and red pepper flakes! The pulled pork and coleslaw recipe are both fantastic on their own, even better paired together. Super easy to make.
Mariana N. 18 Sep 2017
Delicious! The sauce does not taste like commercial pulled pork (I know, it's chicken)... it totally tastes homemade, all of my guests loved it! I used sweet chili sauce (from the Chinese takeout last week) instead of chili powder and used a bit less cayenne than recommended. The summer coleslaw too, I used leftover coleslaw for shrimp tacos.
Jennifer G. 14 Sep 2017
Very spicy and somewhat bitter too. My family did not like it.
Melissa D. 7 Sep 2017
A little spicy for old folks but pleased!