- 7 pounds bone (in turkey breast, thawed and patted dry with paper towels)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion (sliced)
- 3 medium carrots (peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 3 celery (ribs, rinsed and cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
|Calories180Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Yummly User 24 Nov 2018
Disappointing. Too dry (and used a top quality meat). Looked nice on the platter, but dry. I am used to brining fowl which gives a rich, succulent texture. This doesn't work. People politely picked around it and no one wanted seconds. Will not make again in a slow cooker. I liked the flavors. Would brine first, then very slow roast in oven (hit with 15 minutes at 300, then lower to 250) instead.
Shonicka Oliver 22 Nov 2018
It was good not as moist as I thought it would be. Had a 6lb pound breast and cooked it about 5 1/2 hours.
Heather Holloway 16 Dec 2017
So very flavorful and delicious! Made Thanksgiving easy. It tasted similar to pot roast but with turkey instead of beef. Just simply amazing.
Turner 19 Nov 2017
Early Thanksgiving Dinner. Delicious turkey! Halved recipe since I only had 1/2 fresh turkey breast. Will definitely make this again.
Blodgett 18 Nov 2017
Love the recipes! Definitely have tried quite a few and everyone has come out perfect!