Save room on the stove and in the oven by making creamy macaroni and cheese in a slow cooker. With three kinds of cheese, kielbasa sausage, and a crunchy paprika breadcrumb topping, this version comes out rich and flavorful. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- butter (softened)
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta (or use elbow macaroni or rotini)
- 3 cups whole milk (for pasta)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz. per can)
- 1 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp. salt (for pasta)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika (for pasta)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt (for crumb topping)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika (for crumb topping)
- 12 oz. Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa
- 1 cup whole milk (for sauce)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- Generously butter the bowl of a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the uncooked pasta, whole milk, evaporated milk, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder in the slow cooker. Drop the cream cheese by large spoonfuls into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir well, then continue cooking until the pasta is al dente, about 1 hour.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories590Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes