Slow Cooker Ham with Apple SaucePork
- 4 1/2 pounds fully cooked bone-in ham (butt half*)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apples (sweet, such as Gala, peeled)
- 3 tart apples (such as Granny Smith, peeled)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 10 whole clove
- 1In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2Cut 10 thin slices from the sweet apple and set the slices aside. Core and dice the remaining sweet apple and the tart apples. In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, raisins and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar mixture. Set aside.
- 3Place the apple juice in the slow cooker, then add the ham, flat side down. Sprinkle the ham with the remaining brown sugar mixture, pressing it to adhere. Scatter the diced apple mixture around the ham. Arrange the apple slices over the surface of the ham, securing each slice with a clove. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours, until the ham is heated through and the apples are tender. Transfer the ham to a cutting board and let it rest 15 to 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, strain the apple mixture in the slow cooker, reserving the solids.
- 5Thinly slice the ham. Serve with the strained apple mixture on the side.
- 6*Use a 6- to 7-quart slow cooker.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mom's Raisin Sauce For HamJust a Pinch
Glazed Ham with Pineapple-Raisin SaucePork
Golden Raisin Sauce for HamThe Midnight Baker
Raisin Sauce for HamTaste of Home
Raisin Sauce for Ham IIAllRecipes
Ham with Apple Raisin Sauce RecipeTaste of Home
Maple-Glazed Ham with Cider Raisin SauceThe Housewife Modern
Baked Ham with Pineapple Raisin SauceJam Hands
Pineapple Raisin SauceA Family Feast
Honey HamThe Speckled Palate
Pull-Apart Ham & Cheese SlidersBuzzFeed
Macaroni, Ham and Broccoli BakeThe Spruce
Boston Butt Cooked Like HamSerious Eats
Vegan Scalloped PotatoesSun Warrior
Cheesy Potatoes and HamOnce a Month Meals
Glazed Baked HamSimply Recipes
Ham Tea SandwichesEveryDay with Rachael Ray
Sautéed Green Cabbage with Country HamWilliams-Sonoma