- 1 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped carrots (from 2 large carrots)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils (dried)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (lower-sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger (freshly grated, or 1 tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups lacinato kale (finely chopped)
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
|Calories320Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kutura M. 22 hours ago
I really enjoyed making this. I use a whole box of vegetable broth and an jalapeño. Sauté some mushrooms, add that and add spinach and shredded carrots at the very end. I also cook it on the stovetop since it takes lentils about 20/30 min to cook.
Jackie Albright 3 days ago
Cooking the lentils in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients gave it a weird taste. We even doubled most of the spices, and we still got a weird flavor. We probably will not be doing it again, or at the very least subbing lentils with chickpeas.
Michele Leah 5 days ago
Yum! Very easy to make and a big flavor profile. It’s more of a stew than soup so I may serve over rice.
Merrrrrgan 10 days ago
Hooooooly this is delicious! I made this on a snow day and it was perfect! I added a bit more of the seasonings than the recipe called for, and I did serve it on top of rice because it does create a very thick consistency. I will absolutely make this again and I plan on doubling it!
Richter 11 days ago
It was yummy, one of my families favorites now.
Danielle Plantz 13 days ago
Turned out great! So easy and delicious
Emma 20 days ago
This was so yummy and super easy! We put it over rice because it has a thicker, stew-like consistency and it was the perfect winter time dinner. Highly recommend!
Nikkii 22 days ago
Awesome even though I forgot to add the coconut milk!
Monique 26 days ago
Really really good and so easy to make
Florine E. 27 days ago
I replaced the carrots with chickpeas... this recipe was really delicious and it was perfect for my meal prep week!
Onye and Emeka 29 days ago
Recipie turned out great!!!
Rhea Votipka 29 days ago
sooooo good. I loved this so much I am making it again.
Ana 29 days ago
Very good! Will make it again.