- 1 pound boneless chicken breast (or thighs)
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 carrots (coarsely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (coarsely chopped)
- 10 ounces mushrooms (finely chopped, I used the food processor)
- 3 potatoes (cut up)
- 1 thyme sprig (fresh)
- 3 sage leaves (fresh)
- 1 rosemary sprig (small fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (Roasted Garlic)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Annette Mikkelsen 27 Oct
Delicious! Didn't have mushrooms but chopped zucchini I had on hand. First time I browned the chicken before putting in the crockpot, and was a great change.
Dee 6 Nov 2017
Stuck to the recipe and it turned out pretty good. Better the day after. Needs a little more flavor next time.
Donna A. 3 Nov 2017
It’s cooking now! But definitely scratch the part that says 20 minute prep time!! Too way longer to cut up all those veggies & chicken!
Dy 22 Oct 2017
Taste so good! I did not add sage. I added some garlic to the veggies as I sauted them. No mushrooms or celery either. considering the family. I cooked it on high for 6 hours. Soooo good the family loved it.
Nicholas C. 21 Oct 2017
Followed the recipe as written and it was great! Even better the next day for lunch with a big hunk of mille gran bread. Used canned diced tomatoes since I didn't have time to make the roasted garlic tomato sauce. Though, I definitely wanna try that out.
Stephanie P. 7 Oct 2016
Delicious. The chicken was moist and flavorful, and the vegetables were well-seasoned and satisfying. A lighter alternative to a traditional beef stew.
Mel Mel L. 17 Feb 2016
Yummy! I added zucchini & a little sugar to cut tomato. 4 hours on high was perfect. I used chicken thighs too!
M p. 17 Jan 2016
I really loved this recipe! I made it and then shared the recipe with my mom. It is so good with all the veggies, plus I included parsnips and cubed sweet potato. For meat, I used skinless chicken thighs...the meat is deliciously tender and shreds itself when cooked 8 hours on low. Definitely recommend!