This is great dish to have with noodles, the sauce tastes like a creamier Alfredo.
- 3 pounds diced chicken
- 73 milliliters italian salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (small, diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced, or 1/2 tsp pre-minced garlic)
- 300 grams chicken soup (can of cream)
- 225 grams cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Begin by melting 2 Tbsp of butter in a small pan.
- Place the chicken into the Slow Cooker and pour over the Italian salad dressing. Followed by the melted butter.
- Cook on low for 2 hours then turn up the heat setting to warm for another hour. When it is close to the end of the 3rd hour, melt the last 2 Tbsp of butter add in your onion and garlic. Once the onion and garlic has softened add in the cream of chicken soup, cream cheese and chicken broth. Stir until smooth.
- Add this mixture to the slow cooker, adjust the heat setting back down to low and leave to cook for 1 hour. Ensure chicken is throughly cooked before serving.
- For the noodles: Towards the end of the final hour of cooking the chicken, bring a pot of water to the boil. Place the noodle nest in the water and immediately turn off the heat under the pan. Leave the noodle nest soaking in the hot water for 3 - 4 minutes or until cooked. Halfway through cooking time gently separate the noodles with a fork.*
- * All noodle brands vary so check packet instructions before cooking.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.