- 1 onions (diced)
- 2 leeks (cleaned and trimmed, white and light green parts only, halved and thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 piece ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 butternut squash (small, peeled, seeded and diced into 1-inch cubes, about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 pound parsnips (peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes)
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth (cubs, or stock, chicken broth will also work great)
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari (or coconut aminos, or fish sauce)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bunch swiss chard (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lime
- sea salt (to taste)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh cilantro
- green onions
|Calories290Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rick S. 8 Jan
I Like To Eat Food 20 Nov 2018
This was very good. Will make again.
Sarah T. 26 Jan 2018
One of best soups we've ever made and we can make soup all the time
Suzanne D. 5 Feb 2017
A little bland. Good ingredients but not especially tasty. In order to give it more interest, I added lemon flavored balsamic vinegar, increased the Thai paste, and used a table spoon of anchovy paste. Still just a so-so soup. Will not make it again.
Thila J. 10 Feb 2016
Loved this recipe! Made for my work place and everyone was raving about it. I substituted some of the ingredients and it was great.
Specwryter .. 5 Feb 2016
One of the nastiest recipes I've ever tried. If you regularly follow a gluten-free vegan diet or have a penchant for bland foods, you may find something redeeming in this dish. Sadly I did not. But the accompanying image rocks!
Eunice C. 4 Feb 2016
I was actually really disappointed. But not surprised. After slow cooking everything, all the veggies in there turned one murky unattractive color. There were no distinctive tastes and the coconutty/creamy flavor was non-existent. Would not make this again and am debating just using slow cooker for meats and things that need to be really tender.
Dorothy M. 3 Feb 2016
The first time I followed the recipe as stated and I was surprised at how bland it was. The second time around I added more fish sauce, some jarred lemongrass, fresh basil, red chili sauce, galangal, lime leaves, and more lime juice and this really enhanced the dish for my taste. Had the leftovers for breakfast and poached an egg in the boiling soup and for lunch I threw in some chopped avocado. Yummy and versatile.
Christine W. 28 Jan 2016
I loved the recipe but it made too much for just the two of us. Can you freeze this soup in smaller containers?
Melissa A. 28 Jan 2016
Delicious. Used Kale, carrots, sweet potato, edamame and corn, no swiss chard, leeks, peas or parsnips. I had no curry paste but used mild harrissa instead. Poured soup over a farro/Quinoia mix it was delicious !