- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion (large, finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies (2 cans)
- 24 ounces tomato sauce (3 cans)
- 1/2 cup water (or beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ounces red kidney beans (1 can dark red kidney beans; drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces light red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- roasted bell peppers
PER SERVING *
|Calories660Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Indira Paul 9 Jul
Good and tasty I did used marinara sauce instead of tomato sauce I omit the chili powder
Trish K. 30 Jun
i have made this recipe a few times. Seems to get better each time i make it.
Sougata 27 May
Turned out perfect.
Kathi 12 May
Good flavor. Tender meat.
Zarina Shaukat 13 Apr
Very very Yummy!!!Just the right comfort food!!!😋
Kurtis Koepke 27 Mar
I've used these seasoning ammounts at least 5 times now. Always turns out great.
Dontaves W. 27 Mar
Still cooking. A few hours left and it taste amazing already. I was worried about the cocoa, but it adds a unique flavor! Chocolate Chili is what this should be called!!
Scott filloon 26 Mar
amazing i loved it and my whole family did too i change it by adding 1 pound of sasage and a green pepper also
Eric W. 10 Mar
amazing! Cost me about $30 to make and it feeds me all week lunch and dinner. I eat with graded cheese on it with fresh bread and nachos! A great eat!
Janelle 13 Dec 2017
I️ liked this chili but I’m still looking to find those few ingredients that create MY perfect chili but this was a good recipe as a base
Jonathan B. 15 Nov 2017
Simple and yummy. Stuck to the recipe, no changes and it turned out great!
Kate 7 Nov 2017
delicious! the whole family enjoyed it.
Bridget S. 2 Nov 2017
Delicious easy Only used one can tomatoes-chili, also substituted 1lb ground turkey for a pound of ground beef.
oberbillig 1 Nov 2017
Super yummy lists of left overs perfect for fall
Mike Hogan 29 Oct 2017
Wonderful. Best chili Ive had in years
Loren/Andrew 17 Oct 2017
Really good just a tab spicy happy we didnt add the green chilli
Donley 15 Oct 2017
Very good!! The whole party enjoyed it
Sandra Gutierrez 10 Jan 2017
Best chili I've ever had!! I did not modified it. Great recipe. Used all the ingredients and followed instructions to the T! Yummly