- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion (or medium red, peeled and diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce (chopped, *add more for extra smokyness and heat)
- 30 ounces red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (dark, **see below for substitution ideas)
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces light red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4 ounces green chiles (chopped)
- 1 cup beer (or beef broth)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- sliced green onions
- sour cream
|Calories470Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dana P. 17 days ago
This was good, but be prepared for a very smoky spicy chili. I toned down the spice by using half the adobo peppers and half the chili peppers. I also used half the ground beef and added fire roasted diced tomatoes to balance out the really smoky flavor profile of the adobo.
Smith 20 Nov 2018
It was so delicious!
Jim H. 1 Nov 2018
Everyone loved it and it was easy to make.
Carol B. 24 Sep 2018
Excellent taste!! I would make this again
Hello Jon 15 Jul 2018
Tender beef, juicy full of all the flavours with a nice hint of heat tickling the back of the throat. Enjoyed very much by all.
Bryan Maycon 20 Mar 2018
Absolutely amazing no one left anything lett
Stephen B. 7 Oct 2017
Comes out amazing definitely give it a shot.