- 1 pound chicken breast (trimmed)
- 15 ounces corn kernels (can sweet whole, drained)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (drained)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 serrano pepper (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (divided)
- monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- tortilla strips (Seasoned)
|Calories220Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alex Keeler 27 days ago
I really liked how easy this was
Leah G. 24 Dec 2018
Amazing! Best tortilla soup I’ve ever had!
Mama Jen 6 Dec 2018
Even the kids ate the chicken
talisha 7 Nov 2018
very easy to make. the family loved it and I made it exactly like the directions specified. not too spicy.
JCar 9 Jul 2018
I modified this recipe big time... I tried it when it first finished and found it was too bland for my taste. I added one package of softened cream cheese, 1tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp paprika, black beans and one can of medium enchilada sauce. I let it cook an additional 30 minutes.... lol it turned out great.
Franchesca M. 10 Dec 2016
This recipe is so easy to make and it tastes amazing. It's one of my go to soups to make. All of my friends and family LOVE this soup.
Bethany L. 10 Jul 2016
So easy to make, and it turned out delicious!Some other recipes I've tried didn't have enough flavor, but this recipe was awesome!
Raquel R. 22 Feb 2016
Delicious and easy to make. I make it for the whole family and all of them live it. Older and young as well
Angelina G. 19 Feb 2016
It was a simple and delicious meal. I didn't have to change the recipe for once. Definitely would make this again.
Linda M. 3 Jan 2016
This was a solid recipe. It's not to spicy and the leftovers went quickly. I will make it again. I did ot use the tortilla strips and I shredded the chicken by hand.
Amy B. 28 Nov 2015
This recipe was great! I used a can of tomatoes & diced green chilies in place of the diced tomatoes. And I used de-seeded jalepenos in place of the chopped bell peppers. The perfect amount of spice. The whole family loved it.