- 20 ounces chicken breasts (boneless skinless, halves)
- 43 1/2 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion (about 1 small)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh tomatoes (diced)
- jack (shredded Monterrey, or Cheddar Cheese, Mexican blend works too)
- tortilla strips (or tortilla chips, see recipe below for homemade baked tortilla strips)
- sour cream
- hot sauce (optional)
|Calories290Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Yvonne 7 Jan
Wonderful! Easy! Simple! I doubled the recipe and added a can of diced green chiles and grilled yellow peppers.
Tammy Kolii 25 Oct 2017
I added corn and black beans, need to add more seasoning. Pretty good.
Cheryl N 18 May 2017
Very easy and delish! I add one extra thing. I add a packet of Ranch dip mix. I pre-make the chicken soup and freeze it for future use, and then add corn, black beans and kidney beans before I serve to the family. Sooooo Goooooo!
Post 4 Feb 2017
Amazing! Delicious...making it for Super Bowl!!! So easy....this is my second time making it...my 10 year old grandson loved it too!
Ella Hudson 16 Dec 2016
This soup/stew is very hardy. I think there might be a misprint for the chili powder spice. I used a chipotle pepper chili powder and a tablespoon is too much, making the stew a bit too spicy for our taste. Haven't served it yet so hoping the cheese on top will reduce the heat some. Also could be served over rice for an added boost of hardy (and a spice reduction).