- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bbq sauce (Blackberry)
- hamburger buns (or Slider, split)
- cole slaw (Prepared)
- PLACE chicken breasts in 4 to 6-quart slow cooker in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- POUR sauce over chicken. Ingredients & Directions to make Blackberry BBQ Sauce: https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Blackberry-BBQ-Sauce-2707528
- COVER and cook on LOW 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until internal temperature of chicken reads at least 165°F.
- SHRED chicken into thin pieces using two forks. Stir chicken and sauce. Serve on buns. Top with cole slaw, if desired.
|Calories420Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
John a month ago
Easy and delicious! Make sure to use the referenced sauce recipe!
Leina 2 months ago
Just used regular BBQ sauce, not the blackberry BBQ and it was good. Easy and delicious, will def be making in the future!
Unforgiving Lord of Eternal Messkins 3 months ago
Be very careful with your choice of bbq sauce! While this recipe is incredibly easy to follow, it’s not a “wow” dish.
Valerie 3 months ago
Chicken was super tender! Learner’s experience...did not find blackberry sauce, so blended fresh blackberries with BBQ sauce. While still delicious, it did not occur to me to use a strainer to remove the seeds, so we had a crunchy meal!
Savannah Clapp 4 months ago
I couldn’t find blackberry bbq sauce. Instead I used a smoky bbq sauce and crushed fresh blackberries and chopped dates It turned out good. Next time however I will strain the seeds out of the blackberries.