- 2 1/2 pounds chuck roast (trimmed of excess fat and diced into 1-1/2 inch cubes, you should have about 2 lbs once trimmed)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion (large, chopped, 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 celery stalks (medium, chopped, 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced, 1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth (or chicken broth, divided)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (minced, or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 rosemary (7-inch single sprig, or 3/4 tsp dried)
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow potatoes (diced into 1 1/2-inch chunks)
- 1 pound carrots (peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks, don't use thin carrots)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 1/2 cups petite peas (frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (minced)
PER SERVING *
|Calories580Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lorie Hale 3 Sep
Excellent!! Did everything but add the cornstarch, wasn’t needed. Will definitely make again!
Jill 6 May
Great! easy and deliscious! would definately make again!
Nancy Pereira 20 Feb
really good. making it again for sure
Abbie Fontanilla 31 Oct 2017
Very yummy! Browning the meat before hand makes it more tender I noticed. Only thing I would recommend is to add more salt/seasoning to the stew. The flavor is a little on the bland side for me, but that’s just my personal preference. Otherwise, I would definitely make this again!