Who can resist the classic flavors of a roast beef with gravy on a chilly night?
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast (excess fat trimmed)
- 1/4 cup Weber Chicago Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 onions (large OR 2 medium, quartered)
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes (red skin OR, quartered)
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon Spice Islands Thyme
- 2 Spice Islands Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup Argo Corn Starch
- Sprinkle meat with seasoning. Heat corn oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown meat on all sides; place in slow cooker or Dutch oven.
- Sauté onions with remaining pan drippings in skillet then add to meat. Add carrots, thyme, bay leaves and potatoes to items in slow cooker or Dutch oven. Stir Worcestershire sauce, beef broth and corn starch together then pour over other ingredients.
- Cover with lid and heat in slow cooker on high or in 325°F oven for 5 to 6 hours or until meat is very tender and pulls apart easily.
Charnita Thomas 27 Mar 2016
I made this for my family on Easter that are not yet plant based eaters I added extra of the veggies and some celery too 😉
Veronica C. 28 Feb 2016
Awesome, the recipe was really simple. I get the roast on sale and it's really easy to do specially on a Sunday afternoon, sit, relax and just wait for it. Satifying Dinner Dish that is fussless.