- 4 pounds beef brisket (or beef chuck roast will also work)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chipotle (chilis in adobo)
- 1 1/4 cups beef broth
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (then more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tom Gepson 30 May
Great! Everyone loved it.
Justine Ricolo 22 Apr
delicious! I have made this several times!
Shannon J. 22 Apr
Great. Lots of leftovers for the fam. Making it again today.
Lara Petteys Priest 24 Jan
So good! So easy! Whole family loved it
Shane Organ 5 Jul 2017
Loved the amount of spice. Really kicked it up a notch! Keeping this recipe!
Tatiana B. 25 Apr 2017
2 of us loved it, 2 found it too spicy. However, it was great for leftovers! We served with naan and yogurt the first night, and used leftovers on nachos. Will make again, maybe only 2 chipotles.
Lucy S. 19 Nov 2016
I popped this in the slow cooker after breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning. Meaning minimal effort later on in the day! Served on taco's with salad, hot sauce, sour cream and guacamole. It was delicious. After finishing, my boyfriend asked if we could have taco's once every week so it must have been a winner. Slightly hot, slightly smokey. Yum.
Jenifer Kent 21 Oct 2016
This came out perfect. If was so good, an excellent Sunday football food. It was tender and tasted jus like chipotles!
sydella m. 4 Jul 2016
Due to prescription medication restrictions, whenever slow cooker (or other recipes) call for 'hot' peppers, spicy Mexican/Spanish/Turkish/ 'hard' spices, heavy amounts of garlic etc are called for, I must eliminate them or at least, cut their recipe amounts in one-half or less. Most all recipes taste delicious without the 'heat'. Ever so often, I add a few of my allowed spices and YUM.