- 2 pounds ground chicken (not ground chicken breast)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored and finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (sliced, drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (or cooked white)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Stefanie V. 23 May
Great! Tried it with ground turkey and was a huge hit not sure you really need to microwave prior to slow cooker
willow 1 Apr
love it, we will enjoy it weekly
Dayna 22 Jan
So easy and delicious !
Dave 6 Jan
Makes a lot so be prepared for leftovers if you only have five at the table kids thought it was ok
Allen 14 Dec 2017
Was good. Will make again.
gdineee 2 Dec 2017
Tasty!! Loved the flavors! Used quinoa instead of rice.
Tiffany R. 15 Nov 2017
It was good but not a fan of the hoisin sauce but improvised with the seasoning gave it an earthy flavor and it was awesome!
Jones 9 Nov 2017
Very good! All flavors were balanced.
Sara 6 Nov 2017
Great recipe. I think it needs more heat, so I added jalapeños. Turned out really well.
Jodi 4 Nov 2017
Great and easy recipe. Will make again
Abigail S. 1 Mar 2016
This turned out so much better than I expected. Super, super easy, and the kids ate it all up. I used romaine which holds up well to wrapping. Definitely going into the rotation.